[linux-audio-user] ALSA OSS emulation?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ALSA OSS emulation?
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 12:02:58 EEST

Hello,

I am trying to use the ALSA OSS emulation layer.

But in both kernel and aoss versions, the same things happen. /dev/dsp
works and is routed to hw:0,0 ; /dev/dsp0 , /dev/dsp1 etc. are just not
available.

This despite the fact that in the kernel emulation, I tried to set
options so that /dev/dsp0 would be routed to hw:0,4 ; and in the aoss
emulation, I defined a pcm named "dsp0".

What can I do to enable /dev/dspN ? I don't want to be stuck with just
hw:0,0 , as my spdif is on hw:0,4 .

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik