Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA OSS emulation?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA OSS emulation?
From: Sampo Savolainen (v2_AT_iki.fi)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 23:53:10 EEST

How does your alsa module configuration look like? It's located in
/etc/modules.conf but distributions vary in how it's constructed. For
example, Debian generates it from files located in /etc/modutils/.

You probably have aliasing for sound-service-x-y to the snd-???-oss
modules. Most documentation for the alsa module configuration doesn't
touch the issue of multiple soundcards. So, they leave out the small bit
of extra information. There should be aliasing for all soundcards.

alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss

The first number in the sound-service is the soundcard number, so the
correct alias for the second soundcard would be:

alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss

 Sampo