Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI In on SB Live! Value

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI In on SB Live! Value
From: Clemens Ladisch (clemens_AT_ladisch.de)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 17:48:40 EEST

Nathan Callahan wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:37 pm, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > On Monday 11 October 2004 12:49, Nathan Callahan wrote:
> > > Anyone got any clues as to why I don't seem to be able to get any MIDI
> > > messages from the MIDI/gameport on my SB Live! Value?

Do you see anything when running "amidi -a -d -p portname" for all
ports listed by "amidi -l"?

> > You are sure you have the right adapter-cable?
>
> Unfortunately, yes I'm sure. It works under that other OS fine.

When you connect the MIDI Out directly to the In (or connect pins 12
and 15 on the gameport), can you receive data that you're sending?

> /proc/asound/seq/drivers looks a little like this...
>
> snd-emu10k1-synth,empty,1
> snd-seq-midi,empty,2
>
> Should there be something in there?

It says "loaded" when the particular module is loaded. (The external
MIDI port is handled by snd-seq-midi.) Some CVS version after the
1.0.7rc1 release deactivated autoloading of sequencer drivers because
of a locking bug when initializing, but this has been fixed in the
latest CVS.

HTH
Clemens