Re: [linux-audio-user] synthesizing a wind effect

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] synthesizing a wind effect
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 17:22:10 EEST

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 22:29, Mark Wilson wrote:
> Sorry dude, maybe it's the end of the workday, but I
> don't really get the joke if there is one. I didn't
> think sound waves travelled in space. Are you talking
> about background radiation from the BigBang translated
> into analogous sound? Sorry I'm being dense. Cast
> not your pearls before swine, especially brain-dead

heh, not being scientific here - I'm thinking of the sound all the way
through the film 2001.

loads of these kind of film sound effects were done on ancient analogue
synths - David Lynch's films particually (I believe he did them himself
on early films like Eraserhead) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000186/

cheers,

dave