[linux-audio-user] synthesizing a wind effect

Subject: [linux-audio-user] synthesizing a wind effect
From: Mark Wilson (mrmoo1231_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 17:27:02 EEST

Has anyone used a Linux softsynth to generate a sound
like wind in the tops of trees? I'm certainly not a
programmer, and I'm admittedly a synth newbie, but I'm
trying to find a way to synthesize this particular
effect.

My gut tells me I'd be dealing with some white noise
in a limited high-frequency range.

I'm also lazy, so if someone knows a particular
ready-made patch for either timidity,
alsamodularsynth, or anything else that might come
with, say, AGNULA DeMuDi, I'd be interested in not
having to do the work myself, certainly! ;-)
Thanks, if anything comes up (and thanks for even what
mental energy you might waste on the question!)
Mark

=====

--
Seek professional help!  Ask a librarian.