Re: [linux-audio-user] synthesizing a wind effect

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] synthesizing a wind effect
From: Mark Wilson (mrmoo1231_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 00:29:47 EEST

> yup, for the classic cheesy analogue wind effect,
filter white noise with
> multiple LFO modulation on the cutoff - with a hint
of resonance and maybe
> some reverb or echo.

Well, I don't really want *cheesy*. ;-) Maybe I can
play around with varying amplitude, since that would
sound more natural.

>While you're at it, there is nothing like the "deep
space" very lowpass
> filtered noise sound!

Sorry dude, maybe it's the end of the workday, but I
don't really get the joke if there is one. I didn't
think sound waves travelled in space. Are you talking
about background radiation from the BigBang translated
into analogous sound? Sorry I'm being dense. Cast
not your pearls before swine, especially brain-dead
swine.
Cheers,
Mark

=====

--
Seek professional help!  Ask a librarian.