Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.9-rc3-mm3 no keyboard error

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.9-rc3-mm3 no keyboard error
From: thewade (pdman_AT_aproximation.org)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 22:15:36 EEST

Quoting Mark Knecht <markknecht_AT_gmail.com>:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:33:03 -0600, thewade <pdman_AT_aproximation.org> wrote:
> > Im trying to get a VP kernel to build on my AMD64 laptop. I get a kernel
> > Aieee when I try to boot 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-T3 so I decided to try mm3 alone.
> >
> > When I try to boot, it boots fine except my keyboard is disabled.
>
> What are you booting to? Are oyu booting to a runlever 3 equivalent
> where there is no graphical display? Or are you booting to a runlevel
> 5 equivalent where X is running.

No, just to command line. I run startx to get to windowmaker.

> I\'m thinking that the answer for these two runlevels might be
> different. (I.e. - when X is up the keyboard is controlled by your X
> configuration file...

But kudzu runs in that command-line menuing system like menuconfig for
kernels, so that is not xwindows...
I cant even hit caps-lock and get my little green light to come on!
2.6.9-rc3 works
2.6.9-rc3-mm3 doesnt like my keyboard
2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 gives me kernel Aieeee

All on Fedora Core 3 test 1, AMD64 laptop
Standard kernel with patches and g(libc,cc)-3.4.1-10

Poop!

Thanks for the help!
-thewade