[linux-audio-user] Progress with 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Progress with 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3
From: thewade (pdman_AT_aproximation.org)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 07:40:40 EEST

I managed to get the 2.6.9-rc3-mm3 and thusly VP-T3 kernel built and running!
I had to patch some files:
To get mm3 alone working I had to patch a file that VP-T3 patches:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109714329614794&w=2

and start the kernel with the i8042.noacpi option.
I am patching and building a new kernel that should not need the
i8042.noacpi option:
http://bugme.osdl.org/attachment.cgi?id=3838&action=view

M problem now is that I have ganed NOTHING with respect to latency. This
is what I run to do PD, and I still get xruns!
sudo jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:1 -r 48000 -p
sudo pd

my .pdrc:
-jack
-rt
-path /usr/local/lib/pd/externs
-path /usr/local/lib/pd/extra
-path /home/wade/pd/general
-path /home/wade/pd
-lib sphere~
-lib fftbin~
-lib zexy
-lib Gem
-mididev 1,2,3
-r 48000
-sounddev 3
-blocksize 1024
-channels 18
-audiobuf 8

What can I do to lower latency whilst eliminating xruns?
When I load a very large patch the whole machine essentially locks up,
sputtering and jerking with no response for minuets at a time.

Thanks for the continued help with my troublesome x86_64 machine.
All I want is a solid machine for performances...
-thewade