Re: [linux-audio-user] Progress with 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Progress with 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 08:22:34 EEST

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 00:40, thewade wrote:
> I managed to get the 2.6.9-rc3-mm3 and thusly VP-T3 kernel built and running!
> I had to patch some files:
> To get mm3 alone working I had to patch a file that VP-T3 patches:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109714329614794&w=2

The T3 patch contains the fix for this, so you would have to back this
out to go from mm3 to mm3-T3, as you probably already know.

> M problem now is that I have ganed NOTHING with respect to latency. This
> is what I run to do PD, and I still get xruns!
> sudo jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:1 -r 48000 -p
> sudo pd

This really sounds like a PD problem. Try:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/preempt_max_latency

while jackd and PD are running. Let this run for a while, then, post
the contents of /proc/latency_trace.

Lee