[linux-audio-user] ecasound help

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ecasound help
From: cv223_AT_comcast.net
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 22:29:37 EEST

Hi,

I'm trying to record multiple tracks with ecasound and a Delta 1010LT, while monitoring the process. I tried the following ecasound command without luck (I'm new to ecasound):

ecasound -r -b:256 -a:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 -f:16,8,48000 -i alsa,default \
-a:1 -o mono-1.wav \
-a:2 -o mono-2.wav -erc:2,1 \
-a:3 -o mono-3.wav -erc:3,1 \
-a:4 -o mono-4.wav -erc:4,1 \
-a:5 -o mono-5.wav -erc:5,1 \
-a:6 -o mono-6.wav -erc:6,1 \
-a:7 -o mono-7.wav -erc:7,1 \
-a:8 -o mono-8.wav -erc:8,1 \
-a:all -o alsa,default

I can hear the inputs, but the mono-*.wav files are essentially empty
(44 bytes each). If I remove the last line, the mono-*.wav files record
ok. But, of course, I can't hear it while recording. Can anybody tell
me what I'm doing wrong (I suspect it is something about opening
alsa,default twice, but I don't really know).

(if this looks familiar, I sent a message yesterday under the subject "xrun madness." I haven't heard back anything and I'm hoping to try this tonight)

Thanks!

Joel