Re: [linux-audio-user] SPDIF - jack or ecasound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SPDIF - jack or ecasound
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 21:04:35 EEST

What's hooked to the spdif ports in your system? Are you sending to an
external D/A? Coming in from some sort of sound source that provides
spdif?

Using spdif under Jack is really no different than using an audio
port. If you send to speakers through an audio port on the SB today,
you could send to speakers by going to the spdif port, and then
externally going through a D/A, amp and speakers.

It's really just a port. How you use it depends on the equipment you
have available at the time.

(On my RME cards I use it to send and receive clocks to keep multiple
systems in sync, but this is beyond Jack.)

Cheers,
Mark