Re: [linux-audio-user] ecasound help

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ecasound help
From: LinuxMedia (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 11:39:49 EEST

cv223_AT_comcast.net wrote:
> Thanks to Rocco and Eric for the help! Before Rocco's email, I had worked out the -f:16,2,48000 for the output to get stereo going to -o alsa,default. However, only the first two input channels were audible. Looking at the man page, I found that -erm:all,1 -erm:all,2 mixed all the chains to the stereo output. However, the volumes were weird - the volumes of chains 9 and 10 were much louder than the others. I saw somewhere on the web that ecasound scales volumes by 1/N when mixing, but it seems that the first two chains are "passing through" at their original volume. Any pointers on getting the volumes set correctly?

I've never owned a multichannel sound card (other than the two channels
of my sterio card) so I'm not sure how all that works. But (I think)
this is the link for the ecasound mailing list...

http://www.eca.cx/mlists.html

There's an ecasound list archive also that you can search for key words
and may find answers to your questions.

Ecasound has a bit of a learning curve and a few quirks that aren't very
obvious. But it's well worth sticking with it. I keep discovering more
and more uses and features as time goes by. And when you figure out the
quirks, it works beautifully.

Rocco