Re: [linux-audio-user] creating audio-only dvds

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] creating audio-only dvds
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 23:24:11 EEST

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 22:16 +0200, derek holzer wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:
>
> > Um, if this operation is cumbersome then your GUI app is _horribly_
> > broken. This should be as easy as "File -> Open Append" and select all
> > the files. Even easier than catting them all together.
>
> Maybe you can tell me which app isn't horribly broken, then.
> I can't see this "open append" feature in either Rezound or Audacity.

Cool Edit Pro, CDWAV... pretty much every Windows .wav editor I have
ever seen. The sound editor that came with Mac OS 9 could do this I
think. It might not be exactly "Open append" but with most of the .wav
editors I have used you open one file, then when you go to open another
one it will let you choose whether to append it or open in a new window.

Is there really no Linux app with this simple feature?

> Espc Rezound
> is clumsy for this, because it has to visually render all the peaks.
> Each 50 min chunk warns it will take 4 minutes to load this way!

Yeah, CE does that too. But you can lower the quality so it's faster
IIRC. And it caches the peaks so next time the file opens instantly.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't help much...

Lee