Re: [linux-audio-user] sndpeek: real-time 3D FFT + audio visualizatoin

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] sndpeek: real-time 3D FFT + audio visualizatoin
From: Dan Mills (dmills_AT_spamblock.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 01:00:56 EEST

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 22:17, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 13:48, Kevin Ernste wrote:
> > It runs here fine with ALSA (looks great, by the way, thanks for the
> > nice work!). However, the JACK version locks up the terminal and the
> > process cannot be killed. in fact "ps" dies even trying to view the
> > PID, etc. I would be happy to try and better diagnose it if others
> > have a similar problem.

The jack version is OK here (recent CVS jack), radeon 9200 graphics, fun
program.

Now if I just knew enough open GL to add calibration scales for the frequency
response graph life would be good!

The ps dying thing is reminiscent of the problems qjackctl used to have with
the NPTL threading library on kernel 2.6, possibly try the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
workaround?

Regards, Dan.