Re: [linux-audio-user] SPDIF - jack or ecasound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SPDIF - jack or ecasound
From: Martin Rocamora (mrocamora_AT_adinet.com.uy)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 02:40:03 EEST

Hi Mark. Thanks again for your kind answer.

The complicated hardware picture is due to our interest in using GNU/Linux.
The problem is the Audio Media III can't work in GNU/Linux. So we planned a
more complicated configuration using two OS.

To simplify, we finally decided to use both cards in the same computer
running Window$ and KxDrive. The AM III can sync to an external SPDIF
signal. So we use the SBLive as a clock master, sending its analog inputs
trough the SPDIF output (using KxDrive). The AM III recieves the SPDIF Input
and 2 Analog
Input. In this way we can record four independient audio signals using the
Session software.
The analog signals are constantly drifted 7 samples. This can be fixed
manually.

Signal 1 -> SBLive OUT SPDIF L -> AM III IN SPDIF L -> Session CH1
Signal 2 -> SBLive OUT SPDIF R-> AM III IN SPDIF R -> Session CH2
Signal 3 ---------------------------------> AM III IN Analog L -> Session
CH3
Signal 4 ---------------------------------> AM III IN Analog R -> Session
CH4

However, It's a pitty we couldn't use GNU/Linux as we planned!!.
Thanks for the information about the ALSA SPDIF support for the SBLive. It
isn't working yet, but we're going to study it carefully.
And thanks for the tip to sync RME cards. We plan to get pro cards in the
near future to use under GNU/Linux.

Regards,

Martín.