RE: [linux-audio-user] Muse Score compiled from source has corruptscore fonts

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Muse Score compiled from source has corruptscore fonts
From: Alejandro Lopez (alez_cuatrosegundos_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 11:07:33 EEST

Hi Ivica,

I guess you haven't missed a post by Robert Jonsson, answering a question I
made regarding score support on sequencers. I'm 210% useless as for solving
your problem, but in case you missed this post I'm quoting the relevant part
of it (see below), it has some related information on MusE versions and
their score support, as well as Rosegarden and noteedit (in case you may
consider it instead?). From that post I assume you are using MusE 0.6.3
which has score?

Cheers,

Alex

_______________

>1. I have MusE and Rosegarden installed in my system and would like to
>start using one for composing. I've taken a look at the homepages for both.
>I would like to compose by entering score if possible. My conclusion after
>browsing is that Rosegarden looks like a better choice for me. Am I missing
>anything? I think MusE can't do score, right?

Yes and no. MusE 0.6.3 has score features but not 0.7.0. MusE's main author,
Werner Schweer, thought it a dead end and removed the support. Instead he
started a separate project http://mscore.sf.net that probably will be
reincorporated some day.

Rosegarden is probably your best bet if you want to start from score. I
guess
it would be possible to use something like noteedit to enter score and then
export to midi, but it seems more complicated.

http://messenger.msn.com/