Re: [linux-audio-user] Muse Score compiled from source has corruptscore fonts

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Muse Score compiled from source has corruptscore fonts
From: Werner Schweer (ws_AT_seh.de)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 21:29:34 EEST

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 14:53, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Unfortunately I did install it using drakfont (although after install it
> did not show up on the list of installed ttf fonts in drakfont, or it was
> under some other name than mscore20). It does show up in the settings of
> mscore but it is presented as legible letters in the preview pane, not
> symbols (as I would've expected).
>
> So it is still possible that I did not install them properly.
>
> If I wanted to check by hand whether it has been installed properly where
> would I look?

unfortunately the qt library decides whether a tt-font is valid and
usable and if not silently replaces it by another font which is not
what you want for mscore20.ttf. There are some older versions of qt
which definitely did not work with mscore20.ttf. You should try with
a recent qt version (3.3.x).
BTW the current mscore cvs version explicitly checks for a proper
installed mscore20 font.

/werner