Re: [linux-audio-user] Interfacing a Sound Blaster Live

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Interfacing a Sound Blaster Live
From: anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 19:38:57 EET

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 06:50:16AM -0600, ed orphan wrote:
> I've been connecting my Sound Blaster Live card
> to an old Fostex X-26 Multirack tape deck. I don't
> record to the tape deck, just use it as a small amplifier
> and run the guitar signal through it and into the
> sound card.

> Maybe I could improve on this, without
> spending too much money. Are there any small, clean
> signal amps out there

M-audio buddy is a two channel mic preamp with High-Z jack inputs
suitable (designed, even) for plugging in a guitar.

It's not a top of the range mic preamp, but it's good value
and probably better than the ones built in to a tape deck.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=preamps

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk