Re: [linux-audio-user] Debian Unstable Rosegarden & Ardour

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Debian Unstable Rosegarden & Ardour
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 16:29:01 EET

On Monday 01 Nov 2004 14:35, David Mulcahy wrote:
> This is the output from rosegardensequencer on the first run
> [...]

That output is actually all fine, and exactly as it should be. This
alarming-looking message:

> rosegarden (sequence manager): ControlBlockMmapper : Couldn't
> open /tmp/kde-davmul//rosegarden_control_block
> WARNING: Rosegarden::Exception: "Couldn't
> open /tmp/kde-davmul//rosegarden_control_block"

is not in fact a problem in this situation -- it just means that the GUI
hasn't started yet, which we already know (because you didn't start the
GUI).

> and the output from ardour
> [...]
> Segmentation fault

This doesn't look so fine. I wonder if something about the MIDI
subscription from Rosegarden is confusing Ardour. I probably have to
bow out here -- it doesn't look like the problem's in Rosegarden, and I
don't know enough about Ardour to help out any further. You could
probably do with getting a stack trace from gdb or whatever, but I'm
not sure whether you'll manage that with the Debian package of Ardour
or whether you'd have to build your own with debug symbols.

Chris