Re: [linux-audio-user] calling open source artists/musicians (UK London area)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] calling open source artists/musicians (UK London area)
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 12:07:13 EET

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:00:54 +0000, Steve Harris wrote
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 06:42:03 +0100, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A couple of us are thinking of putting together an open source focussed music
> > and visual performance night in London (UK), with the aim of making it a semi
> > regular event with a bit of a workshop feel to it - so people can share ideas
> > and have some fun.
>
> Yeah, I'd be up for that, sounds good, as long as its at a time I
> can make it (weekend or lateish evening, I'm about 1:30 from
> waterloo).

No definate plans yet, very early days, but the idea is to make it free (as in
beer) so it'll probably be a week night - as there are a few venues availible
that do that.

> There is dorkbot london, which is kinda similar from way I can
> gather, but I've never made it to one, its on wednesdays at 7, see
> obove, and its not explcitly opensource AFAIK.

yep, dorkbot is more of a seminar type of affair, with presentations. I think
our emphasis would be on performances, and make it a bit more informal maybe.
it could end up being an offshoot of dorkbot or something, as I know the guys
that organise that here.

will keep you posted on developments

cheers,

dave