Re: [linux-audio-user] calling open source artists/musicians (UK London area)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] calling open source artists/musicians (UK London area)
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 12:16:54 EET

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:33:28 -0800, Bob Knight wrote
> Dave Griffiths wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > A couple of us are thinking of putting together an open source focussed music
> > and visual performance night in London (UK), with the aim of making it a semi
> > regular event with a bit of a workshop feel to it - so people can share ideas
> > and have some fun.
> >
> > We're just wondering what the interest for such an event would be, whether
> > people would be interested in participating, or indeed if there is already
> > something going on we've missed. Also if people are already doing similar
> > nights in other places, if you have any tips.
>
> Web cast it.

great idea - I'd definately be interested in this, it would add a focus the
the proceedings having people listen in. I participated in a streamed
performace a few months ago where a corresponding irc channel was projected
onto the wall, so you could see peoples comments :)

I don't know anything about the techology involved in this unfortunately (not
yet anyway :))

cheers,

dave