Re: [linux-audio-user] calling open source artists/musicians (UK London area)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] calling open source artists/musicians (UK London area)
From: Bob Knight (bk_AT_minusw.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 20:33:28 EET

Dave Griffiths wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A couple of us are thinking of putting together an open source focussed music
> and visual performance night in London (UK), with the aim of making it a semi
> regular event with a bit of a workshop feel to it - so people can share ideas
> and have some fun.
>
> We're just wondering what the interest for such an event would be, whether
> people would be interested in participating, or indeed if there is already
> something going on we've missed. Also if people are already doing similar
> nights in other places, if you have any tips.

Web cast it.
I used to own a guitar shop in the US.
There was a group of acoustic guitar players that would get together
and put on shows. They would all take turns playing.
When we would do it from the shop, I would would bcast it over the net.
This was many years ago. I was capturing the event with real code
on a sun server and sending it to a colo to another sun box running
real server. Worked great. All the end users were probably on windows
boxes using real player. I am guessing you could do the same with the
helix code.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option