Re: [linux-audio-user] recording bats?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording bats?
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 20:32:31 EET

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 12:27:18AM -0800, jonathan segel wrote:
> if you do end up recording bats, and slowing them into audio range, i
> for one would like to hear the files!

It may be a while. But since portability isn't a concern -- the bats fly
around the back yard, and I'm thinking of eventually building a bat
house so they'll hopefully take up residence[0] -- I might have some sort
of semi permanent set up in the future to do this. The main thing it
seems would be figuring out the most cost-effective microphone to use.

Any suggestions?

-Eric Rz.

[0] gives me another idea ... one of the reasons I'm interested in
attracting bats is to help control bugs since I'm also planning to
eventually dig a pond for koi and lotuses in the back yard. Anyone have
experience recording sound under water? Any particular transducers that
work well? I know there are some sonar nerds around here. Anyone know if
koi make sounds? -edrz