Re: [linux-audio-user] (OT)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] (OT)
From: RTaylor (ricktaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 12:51:12 EET

Michael T Nelson <m_nels_AT_gmx.net> wrote:

> In retrospect, I'd have been better off finding a degree in Computer
> Science with Music Technology. But they don't do that at York, which is:

 I've always thought that Gnu {I suppose any organization with a sufficiently large following and a decent reputation...} should do something like this... all it would really require is a chartered tour of several existent web pages, some test with which to judge yourself over the course of a term and some sort of certification when the candidate feels that they know enough to be qualified.

Teaching could be done by intelligent, interactive websites from a knowledge base with a few simplish functions... administering tests, meteing out the next parts of the lesson plan... maybe a bit of very specific advice once in a while...

I can't think of a more comfortable way to go to school... you could schedule stuff however you wanted, etc, etc...