Re: [linux-audio-user] (OT)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] (OT)
From: jonathan segel (jsegel_AT_magneticmotorworks.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 19:08:17 EET

On Nov 11, 2004, at 1:41 AM, Jack O'Quin wrote:

> "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico_AT_fuse.net> writes:
>> al
>> ease of use coupled with eye-candy which is usually good enough for
>> most
>> people. Not optimal, but good enough.
>
> OS X is not *that* bad. f

i agree, i like it. (just voicing my opinion.) agreed, it has a bit of
dumbing down for civilian use, but the dumb apple apps actually work
(like the "iLife" stuff, that comes with the OS when you buy it. i have
been using imovie lately... i admit it..)
plus i would like to state that os x's unix underpinning, combined with
Supercollider moving to the unix platform are what made me start being
interested in and using linux to begin with, 2 years ago!

> Lately, OS X has evolved into an adequate (not great) platform for
> open software. Most Linux audio applications either already run on
> it, or can probably be ported with modest effort.

like i mentioned, i run SC on both platforms. and max/msp and pd. i
would like to run freqtweak on os x, but can't seem to get it to find
jack during the config...
anybody? i guess this belongs on a separate list...
         Jonathan Segel -- 4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
                 MAGNETIC -- http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com