Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Wired GPL Audio/MIDI sequencer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Wired GPL Audio/MIDI sequencer
From: Robert Jonsson (rj_AT_spamatica.se)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 15:45:03 EET

Hi,

lördagen den 13 november 2004 14.17 skrev Mr. Spock:
> I just saw this on Slashdot:
>
> Wired: Pro-Level, GPL'd Audio Editing For Linux
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/13/0423234&tid=141&tid=185&tid=1
>
> Has anyone ever heard of this?

The word has apparently been out a few days only.

> I don't know if it looks up to Ardour's standard.

As far as I understand it you'd rather compare it to Rosegarden and MusE than
Ardour, though all three abviously have lots in common.

Haven't test it (yet) so I don't know how it works. It's called 0.1 so I guess
they still have a lot to do.

I find it interesting that they have gone through implementing this and
obviously do not hang on any of the Linux Audio mailinglists. I've never
heard their names before atleast.
Possibly audio under Linux is getting bigger than this community, even more
possible is that we do not announce our presence enough.

> It supports ALSA and OSS, but no mentin of JACK or LADPSA;

I think JACK was mentioned, support through Portaudio if I'm not mistaken.
LADSPA does not seem like it's added yet.

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/music/