RE: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Wired GPL Audio/MIDI sequencer

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Wired GPL Audio/MIDI sequencer
From: Mathias Lundgren (mathias_lundgren_AT_bredband.net)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 13:17:50 EET

sön 2004-11-14 klockan 02.21 skrev Ivica Ico Bukvic:
> > According to the website, LADSPA will not be supported because of UI
> > issues.
>
> While we're talking about LADSPA UI stuff, has there been any progress on
> this matter? News like this one obviously point to the LADSPA's currently
> greatest weakness of not endorsing any of the UI's and/or not having a
> standard one to go by. At this point perhaps I should make a quote from the
> Half-Life game, "it's time to choose Mr. Freeman..." :-).

MusE also has a framework for creating custom Qt UI:s for LADSPA
plugins. This means you can create a gui in Qt-designer, f.ex. name it
1050.ui (1050 == Freeverb), and put it in MusE's shared plugin
directory, which is checked on startup. If there's no 1050.ui-file there
when you launch the Freeverb plugin, it goes for a standard gui,
otherwise the custom one is initialized.

You simply give all input widgets in the gui, that manipulate a LADSPA
parameter, a name starting with "P", and set the id-property of the
widget to the parameter index of the plugin. The connection is done
automagically and there's no need to recompile the app. In fact, you
don't even need to write any code yourself to create a custom LADSPA
gui.

/Mathias