Re: [linux-audio-user] USB 1.1 soundcard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB 1.1 soundcard
From: Spencer Russell (Spencer.Russell_AT_oberlin.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 03:21:20 EET

I've got a Tascam US428, with 4x2 audio in/out 2x2 Midi in/out
and it's a DAW control surface. All in all, a pretty sweet unit.
But I can't get it to work. It works fine until I start jack, at
which point my computer hangs. (sometimes a few minutes after I
start jack) If I run xmms with the alsa plugin, it works for a
little bit, then the audio stops working, but at least it doesn't
hang my system. A lot of people seem to have it working pretty
smoothly, though, so I might be sort of an isolated case. If
anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks,

on an unrelated note, does anyone have mutt configured to reply
to this list an a sane and easy manner?

spencer