Re: [linux-audio-user] `DSSi and instrument definitions.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] `DSSi and instrument definitions.
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 10:43:17 EET

On Monday 15 Nov 2004 04:20, Rick Henry wrote:
> So I'm trying to wrap my heaad around how DSSI synths store their
> information. I know how to save a qsynth setup as an instrument
> definition in the studio, but can't figure out how to do the
> equivalent for DSSI/Fluidsynth. I'm assuming from the little bit of
> experience I have with DSSI that that information is not saved with
> *.rg files

It certainly should be. You should simply be able to assign a track to
a synth plugin instrument, edit the instrument however you like, then
save the .rg file, and everything should be restored when you reload
it. Just as is the case for audio plugins. (The .rgd device files are
not relevant to synth plugin tracks.)

If this doesn't work for you, then we'd like to know about it, here or
on the rosegarden-user list.

(Although a DSSI plugin editor GUI is a separate process from the host,
every communication it sends to the plugin goes via the host. So the
host should always know everything necessary to restore the synth's
previous state when it's reloaded.)

Chris