Re: [linux-audio-user] USB audio and MIDI (two ports)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB audio and MIDI (two ports)
From: Christoph Eckert (mchristoph.eckert_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 21:27:13 EET

> I used to be able to hang an Edirol UA1X off one USB port
> and an Edirol UM2 off a second USB port - both were
> recognized and usable (this was on SUSE 9.1 - 2.6.5.xx) at
> the same time in Rosegarden, JACK.

Interesting question, and I cannot tell anything useful about
it.

On the other hand, I have an Edirol UM-1S, and I currently
plan to buy a second USB audio soundcard. Are here some
people using two USB devices at the same time successfully,
or should I better buy a device which offers both audio and
usb in one device?

May also be useful for Rick to know if and if so what distros
are able to support such a configuration.

 Best regards

    ce