Re: [linux-audio-user] [(nowhere)] USB Dance mat

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [(nowhere)] USB Dance mat
From: Jamie Guinan (guinan_AT_bluebutton.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 23:06:07 EET

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Laura Conrad wrote:

> Jamie> Actually, I have to apologize - I'm actually running 2.6.8.1 on the
> Jamie> machine where my dance pads are attached. I can try 2.6.9...
>
> I had exactly the same problem with 2.6.6, so my guess is that isn't
> the issue. Someone suggested trying a newer kernel, and that's why I
> learned to compile them, but it didn't fix anything for me.

It didn't seem likely to me either, but anyway, I tried 2.6.9, and
my pads still work fine.

Here's the relevant bits of my .config,

CONFIG_INPUT_JOYDEV=m
CONFIG_INPUT_JOYSTICK=y
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y

What kind of USB controller do you have again?

I'm looking at your lsmod output from the pyddr list, and I see,

  ehci_hcd 29824 0
  ohci_hcd 20864 0
  uhci_hcd 31112 0

I don't think you want both ohci_hcd and uhci_hcd (probably keep uhci).

As I recall, ehci_hcd is only for USB2 higher speed stuff, so you might
turn that off as well, for testing.

Also, try this (before and after dumping ohci_hcd),

 $ ls /sys/class/input/js*
 $ cat /sys/class/input/js0/dev

-Jamie