[linux-audio-user] libsndfile-1.0.11 and SD2 files

Subject: [linux-audio-user] libsndfile-1.0.11 and SD2 files
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2004 - 08:31:51 EET

Hi all,

A new version of libsndfile was released just yesterday. I normally
don't announce new versions here, but this release has one new
feature which requires a bit of a special mention.

With this release, libsndfile now supports the Sound Designer II file
format as used by Apple Macintosh audio programs like Protools and
Digital Performer.

There are a couple of caveats with this format as described here:

   http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/FAQ.html#Q013

I now also have a Gnu Arch (like CVS but better) repository and there
are some very brief instructions for accessing it here:

   http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/development.html

I hope to expand that page in the near future.

Cheers,
Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
I have found that good programmers either do not make the kind
of mistakes that Ada can prevent, or insert enough checks that
they catch those mistakes about as efficiently as an Ada
environment can. At that point, the use of Ada gives no further
productivity advantage.