Re: [linux-audio-user] USB 1.1 soundcard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB 1.1 soundcard
From: Arnold Krille (arnold_AT_arnoldarts.de)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 22:21:32 EET

On Sunday 14 November 2004 23:55, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> >  - It has 2 Mic-Ins with XLR and Phantompower all feed from
> > the USB-bus, no extra powersupply.
> Isn't phantom power 48Volts?
> I wonder that the device can get 48V from the USB bus. One
> device is allowed to get a maximum of 500mAmpere from the
> bus.
> USB is 5V. This means, the card has to convert 5V to 48V and
> would certainly need more than 5V/500mAmp. Maybe the phantom
> power is only available in conjunction with an external power
> supply?

Condensor mics have a condensor which only needs to be charged, for the rest
they only need low current (dont know exact numbers). And most mics are able
for 5V to 52V or something like that because they also convert the voltage to
their needed value...

As far as I know...

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---