[linux-audio-user] redirecting pmidi output

Subject: [linux-audio-user] redirecting pmidi output
From: Mark Wilson (mrmoo1231_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 19:49:11 EET

With timidity you can specify the output and name a
file for it; ex.
timidiy -P ocarina.pat whistle.mid -Ow whistle.wav

How does one accomplish the same thing with pmidi?
I've tried the following variations:
pmidi (-p 129:0) whatever.mid >> whatever.wav
pmidi whatever.mid > whatever.wav
pmidi whatever.mid | whatever.wav

... but none seem to work. Do I need to try something
involving 'cat' and '/dev/dsp'? (I'd try it directly,
instead of pestering you guys, but I'm not at home on
that machine right now).

Alternatively, does timidity allow using a different
softsynth than the .pat files, such as amsynth or
fluidsynth? How do you specify the port like you do
with pmidi?
TIA,
Mark

=====

--
Seek professional help!  Ask a librarian.