Re: [linux-audio-user] ext3 filesystem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ext3 filesystem
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 19:55:18 EET

Hi,

--- Frank Barknecht <fbar_AT_footils.org> wrote:

> Hallo,
> R Parker hat gesagt: // R Parker wrote:
>
> > My hda1 partition is becoming %100 used and I
> don't
> > know why. This began happening after a system
> lockup
> > where I had to power cycle. I made about 9.7Gig of
> > space available on the drive but after another
> lockup
> > and power cycle the drive is %100 used again.
>
> Filling up can have many reasons. You should try to
> find out which are
> the biggest files first:
>
> $ du -sck * | sort -n

[root_AT_stepdaddy /]# du -sckH * | sort -n
du: `proc/2392/fd/3': No such file or directory

1.4MB tmp
3.5GB usr
4.1kB initrd
4.1kB misc
4.9MB bin
13MB etc
13MB sbin
16MB boot
17kB
7kB lost+found
20GB home
33MB opt
36MB root
50kB tftpboot
112GB mnt
123MB lib
137GB total
435kB dev
727MB var
942MB proc

Nothing unexpected. The 112GB in mnt is on a seperate
disk array.

/dev/hda2 38GB 35GB 1.1GB 98% /

Home 20GB
usr/ 3.5GB
Let's say there's 25GB used, this leaves 13GB
unaccounted for.

I did find several hundred MB in core dumps but
nothing to account for 13GB is missing space.

ron