Re: [linux-audio-user] Instrument Tuner: fmit 0.9.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Instrument Tuner: fmit 0.9.0
From: Gilles Degottex (gilles.degottex_AT_net2000.ch)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 17:01:36 EET

On Thursday 25 November 2004 15:17, Austin wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 08:32, Gilles Degottex wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 November 2004 03:50, you wrote:
> > > Any chance of making the binary both jack and alsa compatible in the
> > > future?
> > what you exactly mean by compatible ?
> > merged in only one prog with an option in the settings to choose between
> > them ?
>
> Well, you could do it that way, but much simpler would be just to detect
> jackd process owned by same user, use jack interface if it's found, and
> if not, default to alsa.

> It's just that I can't compile both versions for Mandrake,
why you can't ? I did both rpm 'fmit-jack' and
'fmit-alsa' (http://download.gna.org/fmit/)
they should be compatibles for Suse and Mandrake, maybe more ditros.

> so for now I
> uploaded the alsa version. I just thought it would be nice in the
> future if automatic jack detection was there too.
yes, it could be usefull, but If I do so, fmit becomes dependent to JACK,
whatever we use it or not. that's why I did two versions. but I can do a
third mixed version.

to get optional dependency at running-time, I should do an input plugin
support .......

Gilles