Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev/user] RME is no more

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev/user] RME is no more
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 17:24:48 EET

Hi,
   I haven't read anything except this thread. I don't pretend to know
what it really means. My understanding of RME's support for Linux was
only that they provided some technical info. That info was then used
by Alsa developers to do the drivers. RME did not actually develop or
support any of the Alsa drivers TTBOMK. (They were 'supportive'.)
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

   That said, I'm on vacation this week, but still interested in the
Open Source hardware sound card solution many of us spoke about in an
earlier thread on this list. (I think it was this list...)

   Creating something ourselves is a path to freedom and continued
support from the community.

with best regards,
Mark