Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] graphics for tutorials, was: [OT] any gimp maestros here ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] graphics for tutorials, was: [OT] any gimp maestros here ?
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 19:43:39 EET

Hallo,
R Parker hat gesagt: // R Parker wrote:

> --- Dave Phillips <dlphilp_AT_bright.net> wrote:
> > The topic has got a bit bigger in my mind now, so I thought I'd
> > ask this question on the open list: Do users have a preference
> > for documentation format ? I admit that while I like HTML it
> > does look rather clunky next to a polished PDF file. Trouble is,
> > I don't know how to format for PDF. So, what format would you
> > prefer ?
>
> I do everything with docbook-xml and am able to generate .txt, html,
> pdf, etc from the xml file. It's a solid strategy but I don't know
> how you should go about doing something like that.

And I am using ASCII text structured using the email-like formatting
of reStructuredText (http://docutils.sf.net, also in every decent
distribution as a python-docutils or similarily named package.)

It absolutely rules, can be converted to XML, html, Tex,
Postscript/PDF etc.) I even use this as formatting language in the CMS
I wrote for my website, "teeny tiny cms".

Personally I don't like seeing <tag>tags</tag> in what I write. I
really recommend reST everywhere I go where the topic of text formats
comes up. As I recommend Pd all the time. ;)

Yes, it handles images just fine.

Ciao