[linux-audio-user] 7-port USB hubs

Subject: [linux-audio-user] 7-port USB hubs
From: Christoph Eckert (mchristoph.eckert_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 21:01:49 EET

Hi,

meanwhile, I have some USB toys and so I bought a 4-port USB
hub one year before.

Unfortunately, it works horrible since I use kernel 2.6.x
series. My UM-1S (USB2MIDI), my camera and even my mouse
sometimes do not work with it. I guess that the included
firmware does not always work like it should (update seems
not to be available/possible).

Because I recently bought an USB-audio-device, I need more
ports and think about a 7-port USB 2.0 hub for usage on my
USB 1.1-notebook.

Does anyone here own such a device which works properly with a
2.6.x kernel, especially in conjunction with USB-audio and
USB-MIDI-devices?

I'll noone quote on a hint, so I'd really be glad to hear some
experiences.

 Best regards

    ce