Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Subject: Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 22:13:42 EET

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 23:02 +0100, Marek Peteraj wrote:

> > That's a perfectly valid point. But for every disgruntled nvidia user
> > there are 100 who are just happy to be able to play UT2004.
>
> Are you sure? I don't know but i've literally seen tons of complaints.
> It scared me away and i just stick with my old g400.

I am just judging from reports on LKML. There seem to be a LOT of
people using this driver successfully. The consensus on LKML seems to
be that the Nvidia driver is of high quality. The Nvidia folks really
seem to stay on top of kernel development, and the driver usually works
with the latest kernel.org kernel, unlike some vendors who build one
module for one kernel version and claim to "support Linux" because it
works with RH9 or something equally ancient.

Just my $0.02 of course.

Lee