Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Subject: Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]
From: Chris Metzler (cmetzler_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 23:33:26 EET

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:02:13 +0100
Marek Peteraj <marpet_AT_naex.sk> wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 20:44, Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 13:51 +0100, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> > > I really like the philosophy of not letting any closed source
> > > drivers into the kernel. In the end i only saw people upset because
> > > their XY nvidia or ATI driver wasn't working.
> >
> > That's a perfectly valid point. But for every disgruntled nvidia user
> > there are 100 who are just happy to be able to play UT2004.
>
> Are you sure? I don't know but i've literally seen tons of complaints.
> It scared me away and i just stick with my old g400.

I'd certainly back it up. In the communities of users of some open
source projects with a heavy 3D bent (e.g. the Flightgear simulator),
it seems like most use nVidia and are quite happy. To the extent
that there've been issues, they've been with ATI cards. I don't
doubt that you've seen lots of complaints from nVidia users; but I
suspect it's because of population size.

-c

--
Chris Metzler			cmetzler_AT_speakeasy.snip-me.net
		(remove "snip-me." to email)

"As a child I understood how to give; I have forgotten this grace since I have become civilized." - Chief Luther Standing Bear