Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Subject: Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 00:31:25 EET

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:09:17 +0100, Frank Barknecht <fbar_AT_footils.org> wrote:
<SNIP>

> Nobody can steal free software, because they already own it. (As long
> as they follow the rules as stated in the GPL etc.)

This is so patently untrue I cannot imagine how you got here.

GPL == GP License

Nothing under GPL is 'owned' by me. It is 'licensed'. I didn't create
it so I don't have any rights other than those granted me. If you own
something you can do anything you want with it simply because you own
it. If it is licensed you must follow the terms of the license
specifcally because the real owner only grants you the rights in the
license.

- Mark