[linux-audio-user] Re: External MIDI ports disappeared!

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: External MIDI ports disappeared!
From: Kevin Cosgrove (kevinc_AT_doink.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 18:56:03 EET

On 30 November 2004 at 12:41, Clemens Ladisch <clemens_AT_ladisch.de> wrote:

> > Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.6a.
>
> This version had a bug that prevented it from autoloading sequencer
> modules. Either load snd-seq-midi manually, or use ALSA 1.0.7.

Looking at the lsmod output from my original email in this thread
I see that the snd-seq-midi module was *NOT* loaded. If I want
to have it be reliable, then I apparently should upgrade to ALSA
1.0.7. Is there a preferred method of upgrading ALSA on Mandrake
10.1? The last time I tried to upgrade ALSA (from 0.5 to 0.9)
on Mandrake (was it 9.0?) the drivers were built as part of the
kernel, and the ALSA apps were built & packaged separately. I'm
OK with building kernels and such. But, I'd like a *preferred*
recipe, if anyone has something like that.

Thanks...

P.S.: FWIW, I'll use my MandrakeClub status to request that they
        release ALSA 1.0.7 as an upgrade.

--
Kevin