Re: [linux-audio-user] envy24control

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] envy24control
From: Sean Bolton (musound_AT_jps.net)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 19:25:41 EET

On Nov 30, 2004, at 6:17 AM, DJ Astroboy wrote:
> So up till now I have recorded on my Audiophile 24/96 by doing
> something simple like "arecord -D plughw:0,0".
> Now I want to use envy24control to adjust the balance of the incoming
> audio and record the result.
> I think that the question I want to ask is: How do I connect
> to the output of the "Digital Mixer" with arecord, but maybe someone
> knows a better way?

The output of the digital mixer is available on my Delta 44 as the last
two
capture inputs; your Audiophile should be the same. They show up in
JACK
as 'capture_11' and 'capture_12', or I can access them via the ALSA
plugin
layer by including the following in my ~/.asoundrc:

   pcm.ice1712 {
       type hw
       card 0
       device 0
   }

   pcm.hardwaremixer {
       type plug
       ttable.0.10 1
       ttable.1.11 1
       slave.pcm ice1712
   }

Then I can do 'arecord -f cd -t wav -D hardwaremixer out.wav' to record
the
output of the mixer.

-Sean