Re: [linux-audio-user] Preach it! [was: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re:Behringer etc.]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Preach it! [was: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re:Behringer etc.]
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 20:19:55 EET

> People everywhere are at least tired of Windows and looking for
> alternatives. My 76 year old dad got sick of Windows and switched to
> Linux a year ago. He hasn't run windows since. For Christ's sake,
> yesterday I uninstalled GigaSampler and now Win ME won't even boot. Go
> figure? Who knows what folks in studios are putting up with.

I'll tell ya - some studios put up with lots - some waste a million dollars
on a euphonix console that can't sync - but mainly, what I see is studios go
ahead and spend 50 grand on a protools rig with hardware so badass that they
know it'll be stable - also i've seen fairlight systems in places and maybe
some cubase - but if it ain't stable, it don't get used, basically. and i
mean stable as a mufucka. we all kind of got burned out by the ADAT
situation and now nobody wants to mess around - that's what it looks like
from my point of view anyway

i always bring this up when i can cuz linux has a lot of work to do to get
really acceptable in that regard