Re: [linux-audio-user] A real problem (DVD)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A real problem (DVD)
From: Matt Barber (brbrofsvl_AT_aol.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 04:15:29 EET

->* AFAIK, video DVDs cannot be mounted, only data DVD<-

I know they don't need to be, but I haven't found a video DVD that can't
be mounted (except with that damn broken drive). I think they're
basically data DVDs with a certain file structure... a lot of them put
in autorun binaries for play on windows machines and other nasty goodies
(I'm looking at a DVD of Parsifal right now that has READMES, an
interactual Player installer, and some other stuff along with the
AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories which have all the .VOBs).. But I'm
not sure I know the real info about that.

Matt