Re: [linux-audio-user] Mixer settings

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Mixer settings
From: Christoph Eckert (mchristoph.eckert_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 19:45:26 EET

Hi,

> USB devices have descriptors that describe all mixer
> controls and their routing.  You can find this information
> in the output of "lsusb -v" if you know what to look for.

Phew, thanks a lot for this hint. Lots of output to read, but
otherwise it seems to offer all info I'd like to know.
Thanks!

> What all AC'97 codecs have in common is that they don't
> completely conform to the standard.  The datasheets (if
> they exist) usually contain such a diagram.

I'll not do further research in the ICH, I guess, but I had
great success in configuring qamix using an XML file. Looks
promising. Cool tool.

Somehow I remember the times when I was struggling with a
terratec EWS ISA card some years ago on Win 95 :) .

 Best regards

    ce