Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME is no more

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME is no more
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 03:29:57 EET

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 04:13, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > No, we think you're a zealot when really you're a sensitive muso.
> > > Persist with Polite Positive Pressure please.
> >
> > We did this before. I've done this personally (korg). I know what i'm
> > talking about. It's just begging, mortifying. Dear sir, now that I and
> > perhaps 200 other customers have paid for your product,
>
> Too late. You don't have, at this point, any bargaining power.

Exactly. Too late for me that i bought their @#$@#$ hardware.
Nevertheless, it's never too late to sell that damn thing.

Fernando, i *don't* *need* any bargaining power.

> > would you be so
> > kind to at least provide some specs pleeeeasssse so that we can use it
> > with our OS of choice? Thank you in advance, thank you. Repeat that 2
> > years, over and over again, each week perhaps. No.
>
> _Don't_ buy the hardware in the first place.

That's not gonna work. It's not just me, think of lots of dualbooters
that are trying to get their hw run under linux.

> That's not gonna work.

Yup. ;)

> If
> the company does not change its mind you are out of luck (as you have
> found out). Find a product that is supported, buy and use it and tell
> the other company about it.

Heheh, nooooo :)

> And even then it may not make a difference,
> companies, like people, can be stubborn. Keep using other products.

What if there are none? I want to use 8 analog i/o plus preamps with my
laptop. For example.

> I'm sure you don't want to be forced to do things you don't want to do,
> yet that's what you want to do to others.

Fernando, statements like these are starting to offend me. Look, a
customer-company relationship is DIFFERENT.

And concerning hatefilled arrogant agressive horrible insults that are
going nowhere.

Iriver. 2 years ago, their forums were FILLED with posts along the
lines:

F**K YOU IRIVER.
or
NEVER EVER.

Just because of Ogg Vorbis. Result?
Almost every product can handle vorbis files.

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS5968727553.html

And this is not the only *thing* we *should* fight for. Try to search
for linux sources on irivers website. Try to find them on Hartmanns
website although they have been *told* to comply with GPL (let's not
discuss this, look for thread called 'linux audio and breach of GPL' in
the archives, it's very well explained there).

So....

So a few guys here are unwillingly or even unknowingly defending the
freedom of choice of companies that don't allow us to buy and/or use
their products that we actually *want* to pay or already paid for.
Guys, this is sick.

I feel lost and lonely. And so i won't argue about that anymore. Period.

Marek