Re: [linux-audio-user] sound card linux documentation wiki+forum site [WAS: Linux audio hardwarem arket research [was: creating a wiki "soundcard experiences" site]]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] sound card linux documentation wiki+forum site [WAS: Linux audio hardwarem arket research [was: creating a wiki "soundcard experiences" site]]
From: MarC (marc_contrib_AT_ramonvinyes.es)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 00:25:34 EET

>>Yes, but I suggest creating a way to link them without specifying their
>>real name directly...
>>Otherway, some crossed links which I have already created will be broken
>>as soon as we change the name of the page...
>>(see LA_SoundFonts for example)
>>

>In general (if TWiki is working as designed / intended) links to changed
>pages are should change automatically. Ahh, my memory is coming back --
>maybe the exception is for pages that don't use real (T)WikiWords for
>names (LA_LinuxAudio is not a real (T)WikiWord). I'll try to confirm
>that, if so, that's another argument to change the page prefix from LA_
>to (e.g.) Audio (in which case I'd rename the LA_LinuxAudio page to
>something like AudioOnLinux) -- let me know what you think of that as a
>prefix -- we might pick up a few stray pages that are already named
>beginning with Audio, but they wouldn't be totally irrelevant.

OK, I now also think that a special page should be created *only for
sound cards*, and create a main separate site for AudioLinux if you want
(even if I think that this topic is too general for a wiki in my opinion)

then, at the "sound cards" page, only soundcards should be listed, not
all "LA_" sites
(that makes it more easy for readers... I have already found a person
who didn't notice that the alsa matrix was linked at the site, as it was
devoted to LinuxAudio in general...

so maybe a solution may be rename "LA_Linux Audio" to "LASoundCards"
and name every soundcard page as "LASoundCards_Manufacturer_Model"
(then make the engine search for LASoundCards_* pages)
for example: "LASoundCards_Creative_SBAudigyOEM"...

then all other LA topics, may be created with the syntax: "LATopic"
for instance "LASoundfonts"

and if you want to create a main site, LAMain may work

do you agree?

cheers
MarC