My Lord, what a morning! (was: [linux-audio-user] more music produced with Ardour and JAMin)

Subject: My Lord, what a morning! (was: [linux-audio-user] more music produced with Ardour and JAMin)
From: Arnold Krille (arnold_AT_roederberg.dyndns.org)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 13:51:00 EET

On Saturday 04 December 2004 02:51, R Parker wrote:
> Todays selection will be brought to you from a working
> server. Unlike the one I released yesterday which will
> be rectified later tonight.
> http://www.iaxs.net/~rparker/coldduck.ogg

And what a morning this was, at first waking up going into the bathroom and
the sun was shining into the room. After that reading your mail, downloading
the file and listening to this real cool piece of music and mixing/mastering!

I personally don't think it lacks transparency. There shouldn't be much space
in a live recording from an (possibly underground) jazz-bar. It just gives
the right feeling of dreaming of a cold black beer, a dark bar and these cool
guys playing music in front of you. Man, how I like this picture and therefor
your recording!

Ron, you rock! (Or should I say you jazz?)

Arnold,
who was doing his first steps of live-recording and mastering last weekend.
Maybe I put a section of this online later that day...

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe